Stonewall focuses on the Battle of Kernstown, which took place on March 23, 1862. This encounter between Major General T.J. “Stonewall” Jackson’s Confederate Valley Army and Brigadier General James Shields’ Division was one of “Stonewall” Jackson’s few military defeats. Despite this, the boldness of his attack forced the Union high command to adopt a more defensive stance, fearing such an attack on Washington. This played a large part in the Union’s subsequent failure to capture to the Confederate capital at Richmond, Virginia, ultimately prolonging the civil war.
This is the first in a series of games from HexWar to be based on the 'Great Battles of the American Civil War' board games, which started with the classic game 'Terrible Swift Sword'. This series recreates the significant battles of the American Civil War. Each game in this series is a grand tactical, regimental-level simulation of a single battle, enabling players to test their generalship under the same challenges faced by the Union and Confederate commanders.
- Historically accurate game play.
- Accurate Civil War units.
- Play as either the Union or Confederate side.
- 2 scenarios offering alternative objectives.
- 3 levels of difficulty.
- Five categories of unit quality.
- Different types of formations.
- Detailed combat analysis.
- In-depth reference charts.
- Advanced tactical features including:
- Map zoom.
- Strategic movement.
- Flank attacks.
- Low ammo.
- Unit disruption.
- Game Centre Achievements.