Why buy 2 stethoscope apps, when Heartbeat works brilliantly for both adults and babies!?
Yes, Heartbeat can be used to record an adult’s heartbeat, as well as your baby’s heartbeat during pregnancy.
You can then replay the recordings whenever you want, as well as share them to friends & family via email, Facebook, Twitter and more…
Heartbeat uses your device’s microphone and our specially developed noise filtering to amplify the sound of the heartbeat.
All you have to do is follow the simple instructions provided within the app.
Because the microphone is amplified, it is important that you are in a very quiet room so that the heartbeat can be heard.
It can take some patience to find, but we guarantee this works!
***** ADULT HEARTBEATS *****
Adults should position the microphone just to the left of their breastplate and adjust between pauses of 15 seconds until your heartbeat is heard.
***** DURING PREGNANCY *****
For listening to your baby during pregnancy, Heartbeat works best in the Third Trimester (28-36 weeks) - it can work at an earlier stage of pregnancy but the chances of the app working successfully are lower.
Exactly where to place the microphone on your bump will depend on the babies location for best results.
***** IMPORTANT INFORMATION *****
HEARTBEAT IS NOT INTENDED AS A REPLACEMENT FOR MEDICAL ADVICE OF ANY TYPE.
If you have any medical questions or concerns, consult with your doctor or midwife.
SAFETY MEASURES: As a precaution, Heartbeat should only be used in AIRPLANE MODE to avoid any unnecessary radio wave emissions.
DISCLAIMER: By using this application you hereby acknowledge and assume any and all risks and consequences involving the usage of the application through your device and the exposure to any cellular radiation which shall be created by your device, and you further agree that “Heartbeat” Application, Boluga and any of Boluga’s affiliates, directors, employees, licensors or partners are not and shall not be liable for any damage or risk in connection therewith.
***** HOW IT WORKS (also provided within the app) *****
1) Ensure your device is in AIRPLANE MODE (available in your device Settings).
2) Remove any case or cover from your device.
3) Plug in your headphones and ensure the volume level is sufficient.
4) Lay on your back and gently press the device microphone against your lower belly or chest - depending on what mode you are in. Please note: Different devices use different microphones. The app will show you which one your device uses.
5) Tap the heart-shaped button in the app to start monitoring. When you hear the heartbeat, tap the button again to start recording. Tap once more to stop recording.
***** PRIVACY *****
Your privacy is our priority. You decide when and where to share your recordings and can delete them at any time.
***** DEVICE INFORMATION *****
Heartbeat works on all iPhones as well as iPad 2, 3, 4, Air and Pro. It does not work on iPod or iPad 1.