A growing library of 200 engaging picture books that beginning readers can read and record all by themselves. 24 books, 20 songbooks and a 450 word dictionary completely FREE.
"No other app is as specifically tailored to the needs of beginning readers." KinderTown.com
Please note that for schools there is also a complete version of this app called Reading Train Learn to Read Books, Songs & Games including the complete library and all new books, with no in app purchases.
Every child can learn to read. Complete reading curriculum building skills, self confidence, vocabulary and a love of reading.
Grand Prize Winner of the 2015 Technology and Reading Award, International Literacy Association.
"Beautifully designed storybooks and related games that teach foundational reading": Appolicious.com
"A vast selection of mini books to help kids reach reading independence" Geeks With Juniors.
Access the whole library new books for $1.99/month; 6.99 for 6 months or 9.99 for a year! (U.S. Dollars)
Safe for Kids: The Learning Station is a Proud Member of Moms With Apps and the Know What's Inside Program.
Kid tested and parent/teacher approved. We are ad-free and take our users privacy seriously.
* Listen, read and record books at 3 different beginning reading levels.
* Professional narration: American English. All books can be recorded by users.
* Play the train game after every book.
* 450 word integrated dictionary
*18 free song books
* Unlimited user accounts
* Powerful reporting tools
Books Kids CAN Read.
Written by Libby Curran, a People Magazine Teacher of the Year, these fun little books are field tested in real classrooms to get kids started on the path to reading independence.
Books Kids LOVE to Read.
Leveled books on numbers, colors, animals, shapes, and science help build the foundational knowledge kids need to succeed in school. After reading, play the train quiz game, explore the FREE audio dictionary and listen to song books.
Give Kids the Tools to Succeed.
Stuck on a word? Tap and hold to hear every word and access the built in dictionary filled with 100s of words. The Reading Train is packed full of tools to help children succeed, all on their own.
Read To Learn- Meets Common Core Standards
Kids choose funny fiction and fascinating nonfiction on kid-friendly topics to build background knowledge while improving reading comprehension and foundational skills.
Quizzes Disguised as Games.
Play the train game after finishing every book. Check progress on the parent's page which shows books read and recorded and detailed scores on the quizzes.
Packed With FREE Goodies!
Our free version has 200 pages of free content and unlimited access to the music store and the built-in picture dictionary with kid-friendly spoken definitions.
Keep in Touch
We welcome your feedback: [email protected]
How The Reading Train Works
* Free users can read/listen/record all of the books in the free sections, play the game, use the dictionary, and listen to the song books.
* Subscribers get access to all 200 books, with new books added regularly.
* To access our entire library of books, choose a monthly recurring subscription for $1.99/one month; $6.99/six months; 9.99/twelve months.
* The service can be shared with additional iPads you own.
* Your subscription is for your iTunes account and payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase (subscribing is optional and in a parent-only section of the app).
* Your subscription will automatically renew the plan you selected unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
* You may turn off auto-renewal any time from your iTunes account settings.
* No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
* Not compatible with iPad 1.